Natural Family Planning (NFP) is a way for women to know and understand their bodies and fertility based on observing specific signs. It is often helpful in identifying health issues, and many couples practice NFP to either conceive a child or avoid conception.
You may have heard about the old “rhythm” or “calendar” method, but that is most definitely NOT what we are talking about! Those outdated methods are based on the assumption that every woman ovulates on the same cycle day and has the same cycle length – which is simply not true. Modern NFP is science-based, user-friendly, and has efficacy rates of up to 99% for avoiding pregnancy.*
Blessed Birth has experience with several NFP methods. With 12 years of personal experience and knowledge, we can help you:
If you’re interested in learning more about NFP and how it could help you achieve or avoid pregnancy, or to simply understand your body more fully, contact us and we can help you get started on the path to being more in tune with your body.**
*Efficacy rates vary from method to method.
- Review the basics of the female reproductive cycle
- Understand the basics of various methods
- Figure out which method might work best for you and your circumstances
- Suggest resources and connect you with certified NFP teachers and NaPro (Natural Procreative Technology) Physicians
- Review your charts and help identify date of conception, which is vital for determining your estimated due date
- Offer emotional support in dealing with the challenges NFP can sometimes present
**Blessed Birth Doula of CNY is not certified to teach any specific NFP method and all consultations will provide an introduction and overview to NFP and to provide guidance and recommendations to certified NFP professionals.